Monday, 12 April 2021

Burning Witches

 Burning all the witches inside me 
 But real witches are eternal and they still stood 
they still held out the herbs of healing 
still wished for my renewal my redeeming 

 When I still held the match in my hand ,when I could still cause them pain 
 They loved me 
 Mothers and sisters and aunties 
Fire keepers 
naked and beautiful in all their phases 
 Who led me to them
 the one little witch that had been there all along
 the sneaky, the unconventional one 
 the one that ran up hills and got scratched by the trees 
The one that ran naked into the heart of the sea 
 She I could not silence 

 When others lifted their matches to hurt her I snuffed them 
 You cannot curse this wondrous spell but who knew that she would dance inside me and grow 
 This wild little vixen child would become my woman’s soul 
 And the sparkle in my eye and the part of me that’s wide open safe in every tempest 
delighting even in the things that were broken 
 The artist 
The one who sees so much farther than any life this world can offer 
 That ethereal flicker 
That untameable ghost 
 The one that really knows me the most 

 She is there and she’s asking again can I love her 
 with all her burned skin

No comments: