Well goodbye
I am so glad you got to see my magic
while I was alive
I was already symbolically dying
now I've bumped my head three times and I think
i might not be okay
something feels slower than it should
and i googled what it might be
so goodbye
I don't know if I'm okay with how I'm leaving this life
I am glad I can hear the crickets
I am in a hot pink tank top
bathingsuit bottoms
my hair almost darkened back to its original shade
and a toe ring
and a suntan
I guess actually I'm pretty okay
in this moment, writing a poem or something
my cat not far away
I just wasn't seeing
If this is my last evening here
and if my breath will disappear
It's hard to hold back tears
because this moment, I am totally me.
and I did my best. I wanted to be kind, to listen,
to be quiet when I wasn't feeling soft and sweet, i rarely let my anger surface and when it did i think you know how much it hurt me that it hurt you.
And I can hear the crickets
a car as life goes on
I wonder how my life will end
I feel the headache growing strong
and wonder if this is my swan song
though I just learned that they don't sing before they're gone
I am quiet. I will never touch every leaf, every flower, I will only see a few sunsets in my life.
I have to trust this mandela on the sand and trust the rising of the tide
so goodbye
and if i ever loved you know that i never wanted to leave you.. but i can't be everywhere.. and there were so many of you in my heart
and a few shone brighter because i know I was in yours too.
I am sorry I wasn't more for all of you.
Just know, I had to take time to listen
to the crickets song too.
No comments:
Post a Comment