Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Happiness

So, when I first arrived here. I wandered down the street and walked into
Common Ground Cafe. I wasn't sure if I even had enough money for what I ordered, but it
was such an amazing place that I said to myself: I would stay here, just for this cafe.


Now, almost a whole year later. I have finally met the owners and have agreed to
spend a day working on their farm. I am hoping that it goes over well, and I am delighted
to have received such a caring welcome. I'm thankful that they both spoke with me for a while. The only time in the conversation that I felt awkward, was when they asked what I do and I said, well,

I recently moved here and I have my teaching degree, but it's not easy to find work. They were like,

it's not”and I felt like, I just really don't want to think or talk about teaching. I need this to be something totally apart from that.

I am so excited that they invited me to come on a Friday night to celebrate with music, dance and a
meal before the Sabbath.

It is so nice that there is no commitment. I could go once a week, or I could go for a whole week.
I think it would be great to live on the farm, but I don't want to put the cart before the horse! In this case a very applicable image!

I only wish I had connected with them sooner – but i didn't know i could and presumed they would want someone with experience.


Best moment of the conversation, was when I said, I have never done this before but have always wanted to. They said, there's nothing worse than expert farmers, you can't teach them anything!” so I said, ' I can promise you inexperience! And smiled!

They laughed.




1 comment:

Christielli said...

Take pictures of the farm! Sounds like fun!