Wednesday, 5 August 2020

There is no one safe




   There is no one safe.

And I'm writing poetry and saying everything
I'm tearing open my heart and sharing it's thoughts
what kind of happening is this
what's going on
to step right into silence and feel it's icy wind
to scream out all my wonderings and wonder if 
i'm the only one who listens
does any of it matter to anyone at all?
why am i running headlong into this fall?
this would look so reckless, or maybe mostly brave

So i am scared of everyone
and i'm not that far from my cave
I could still find my way there and no one would have
to know, that I ever stepped into the madness, that 
I ever left the gentle flow.
They would never have to see my tears when I was
very mad, and they would never have to know how
desperately i longed for isolation when i was sad
They wouldn't hear words so they wouldn't know feelings
they wouldn't be able to throw things 
be unyeilding

There is no one safe
but i stand in the storm shouting out all that i am
and waiting my turn to turn pages and pages
read reckless brave words written by me
or perhaps sung by some birds

There is no one safe
not a one in this land
then why do i reach out a quivering hand?

No comments: