today was a day that i felt my life settling into days and patterns sprinkled with delight
today was a very good day
in the ways a day can be good
did i miss you. Yes. terribly. So much i didn't know what to do.
but today was a very good day aside from missing you.
Church.
It feels right to be there. I breathe in and out and i can let songs and words wash over me.
I can gently question and feel connected to the world and an ancient way of being. With a free
concert of such power and beauty. I am welcomed, it seems I somehow fit.
New Friend.
The surprise of someone who meets you from the heart right away, we are talking about gemstones and the meaning of loss and watching for signs.
Speaking about seeing our own pain. I am so very new to this, I have felt it for years, but really seeing it and what caused it and being able to recognize when I am responding to my past in my present.
Drinks at Gladstone,
That feeling of being downtown at a pub. Talking and getting to know
one another. Having a beer in your hands as the sunshine pours down on you.
The Ocean
Finding yourself at the oceans edge at sunset
Seeing a new place along the shore where you have never been before, in all of these years
there is still a perspective you have not considered.
* A short swim to feel the ocean on you, to be re-set, to find whatever feelings were whirling up and around inside you.. just gone.. gathered in your stomach - smaller - being digested
and some just washed away in the waves
Totem
Learning that where you have played used to be a burial ground. Tears well up. It used to be so much, teeming with fish and clams. Now the sand is becoming stones and pebbles. The fish are certainly less than they were. This should not have happened, and when did someone allow feet to walk where bodies lay.
Drums and a circle around a fire
oh fire! You seem so rare and so forbidden this summer.
Although i know you can be in this way, it still seems so very wrong to see a flame
As I rest into the knowing that it is okay, I feel the coziness and the rhythm makes it hard for
me not to dance
There is a digeridoo and tall drums
And a happy guy who wants to chat and laugh. I am just too tired
and not sure I am ready to enter into the circle, I know how I am. I will be there all night once I start.
I will be revived and I will love being in the circle with these sounds.
I see a friend. She says that there is next Sunday.
Drumming by the Ocean every Sunday
What a beautiful way to begin a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment