Thursday, 18 February 2021

The Wonder of Witchiness

 

        So someone called me a witch, and I grinned from ear to ear with the honour.

   I never thought that this little space for writing me, would reveal my spiritual shifts so obviously.

But let me say, that I take comfort in the verse of the bible that Speaks of God as Mother bird. That image works for me. I'm good with Creator as well for I do think it was all brought into being by artistry and intention.. but I have to say that I deeply feel held by Mother Earth and the changing of the seasons, and while I can appreciate Lent, the Sabbath, Easter morning.. I really feel the depth in following the sun as it dims and returns - Solstice fires and everyday sacredness of the creatures all around. Myth and Magic mean so much, and I haven't lost Jesus, not entirely, I just see how the world hasn't made much room for the real role of woman and the wisdom that comes and the way they can be tapped in. 

My heritage, whats in me is Christian - for sure, but Christian Mystic is far more fitting and now Earthling listening to the mysterious connection between everything and everyone.. and the Moon and the stars and all they speak to of personality and purpose. 

Growing up it was wrong to even consider astrology, and yet a read a book about the Moon Signs (and Sun signs) and when I read my sign I almost wept - never had I felt so seen. It made everything make sense, I finally realized that the things I couldn't reconcile within me where suppose to be that way, that I simple could see both sides. And my love of the water and all of it. 

Pisces and Gemini. Of course I'm so overwhelmed, a mystery to myself most of the time.

I am most drawn to Taoism. To not being anything in particular and ending up therefore being you.It's fairly freeing and there is more to it than that of course. The Tao is the source, pattern and substance of everything that exist

Yet in all of this, I can suddenly hear a hymn and feel myself pulled near to God and like I was alone by choice because God was always there just waiting for me to remember. 

As I write this, I have ashes on my head. It is the time of Lent. And I like the Saints. And Mother Mary and the rosary. 

So I go along until something seems in conflict. Then I have to stay with it, and maybe paint a picture find a way to find the whole in the hole :) 

to be continued.. because I haven't talked about plants, and tinctures, and rocks with history

No comments: