Thursday, 30 April 2020

a little life story so far



                                                             Pisces me oh my
                                                   contrary fishies please don't cry
                                                   as you swim from earth to sky
                                                      wondering why oh why


     As i try to live in the grey in the middle of every fray, it's not easy because i so strongly see it
     clearly could be both ways. And i care a bit too much, and cannot not give a f$#! And i see
     that it is sad and happy and all or nothing but should flow lightly.

     And then I took this me, and went away across the sea, to this land called Japan
     and i suddenly could see through a whole other lens, and Canada made zero sense.
    So here I was, clearly not Japanese and yet no longer all I'd been raised to be.
    And the fish swam round again.
    As I learned the word for ten was Ju
    and i understood you

     Back in my homeland quiet as a mouse, seeing absolute certainty as undesirable
     compared to doubt. Seeing individualism as a strange un natural life and being happy
     being swallowed up in one world - with one voice.

     Here I stand now
     alone
     all the places where I've grown and the people I've vanished into
     all the dreams that have carried me away
     this ghost life is lifting

      and I know I am me, and it's easy to be, if you don't try at all, you are you
      whether you fly or fall.

       So simple. The fish aren't in competition, they are not ships in the night
       It is not black and white, but a trajectory
       both free are free to be and so they swim free
       up and down and all swirly
     

        And it's water
        and fish
        there is nothing a miss

        but love can come and sink a ship
        the fish are dizzy
        though they are strong, there is a whirlpool to which they
        are drawn and where does it go
        or is it eternal
        or do they let go and swim as one and follow on
        to a new circle

        there is always the push and pull
        one stays if one goes
        and the fish that disappears into unknown years
        where does she go

       
                                                      Pisces me oh my
                                          contrary fishies please don't cry
                                          as you swim from earth to sky
                                              wondering why oh why
   
           

No comments: