this is a way of forcing myself to be open about where i'm at while giving myself a forum for writing that isn't a pen and pencil journal for myself. i've always been best able to express myself in writing..so i guess this is a little bit of me
Saturday, 14 March 2020
This is an incredible feeling.
This on my own that brings so much healing, and I see that to find myself alone I need to always be leaving him or running off somewhere.
It never felt right, I did it in Japan and got to follow some geisha down a very narrow street. It was one of the most incredibly surreal moments of my whole life - and yet - Alastair did not know where I was. I don't remember if he was worried or upset.. but there was a sense that I couldn't just disappear into the crowd, that at some point there would be a tug and I would have to return.
This morning, the whole of this place felt different. I walked to work, which on my early day I don't. It's such a small town and Alastair works at the same time so it's easy and makes sense to get a ride in with him. This morning, I got dressed and felt the smoothness of slipping into my boots before heading outside. It was like I was way more present. It was easy. The walk was brisk and I heard the birds.
I was strong and silly at work and I felt more able to just be there. I loved doing the Kwakwala circle time.
My world in this tiny place opened up a bit, with thoughts of doing yoga on the beach and having coffee at guidos more. I absolutely love the island life. Just looking out my window into the backyard and seeing the sun through the tall tall trees and someone's smoke from a fire billowing up in the yards below and peacefully floating into the sky.
I want more of this! This land has captured my heart.
It is not easy to leave him. He is so soft and sweet and his face is a part of the scenery of my life. Like the blue sky or the birds that sing. He is always there. As I live my life and wander in and out of thought. He is there.
But when I do, a veil is lifted. A veil over my eyes and my ears and even my heart. Something comes loose and I am ME again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment